By V. Saxena, February 26, 2015.
A handout given to students at the El Camino Real High School in Woodland Hills, California, basically says that all white people are racist, reports Breitbart:
A parent of a high schooler sent me the following flyer that was handed out in one of her son’s classes at El Camino Real High School in Woodland Hills, California.
I had no idea that it was acceptable in public high schools in California to promote the idea that an entire race of people are racist simply based on the color of their skin.
But there it is—in black and white (no pun intended).
The handout (pictured up top) reads as follows:
Why A White Space?
For many, it sounds contradictory: Isn’t it racist if just white people get together? Isn’t that segregation? The following are our reasons for meeting as a white anti-racist affinity group:
1. People of color shouldn’t always have to be the ones to educate white people about racism and oppression. We are taking responsibility for learning about our own white privilege and how to challenge it as white people.
2. In order to challenge racism and dismantle white supremacy, white people need to unlearn racism and discover the ways we enact white privilege. …
3. A commitment to anti-racist identity and practice as a white person can sometimes mean increased alienation and conflict in our lives, especially with other white friends and family who disagree with us. …
4. It’s a space for white people to figure out what it means to be anti-racist white person and challenge racism in all areas of our lives. …
5. It’s a place where white people can begin to build a new culture of white anti-racism, and learn the skills needed to transform the larger white community.
6. White affinity groups are a supplement to, not a replacement for, multi-racial dialogues and activism between white people and people of color. …
7. A white space serves as a resource to people of color who want to work with white people but don’t want to spend all their energy dealing with the racism of white people.
The absurd handout basically makes the case that all white people are racist and thus need to make up for this. The irony is that this belief in itself is extraordinarily racist.
Furthermore, when one of the parents emailed the assistant principal about this bullshit, she received a reply that basically dismissed the whole incident, on the basis that handout had been “inadvertently” passed out. Yeah, sorry, but this document was purposefully passed out.
Breitbart also reveals that its original publisher is the Alliance of White Anti-Racists Everywhere – Los Angeles (AWARE-LA), a hodgepodge of Marxist morons who are dedicated to indoctrinating children with bullshit.
And judging by this post on their Facebook page, they automatically assume that anyone who criticizes them is a white supremacist: