EXCLUSIVE: Hillary’s email firm was run from a loft apartment with its servers in the BATHROOM, raising new questions over security of sensitive messages she held
The IT company Hilary Clinton chose to maintain her private email account was run from a loft apartment and its servers were housed in the bathroom closet, Daily Mail Online can reveal.
Daily Mail Online tracked down ex-employees of Platte River Networks in Denver, Colorado, who revealed the outfit’s strong links to the Democratic Party but expressed shock that the 2016 presidential candidate chose the small private company for such a sensitive job.
One, Tera Dadiotis, called it ‘a mom and pop shop’ which was an excellent place to work, but hardly seemed likely to be used to secure state secrets. And Tom Welch, who helped found the company, confirmed the servers were in a bathroom closet.
It can also be disclosed that the small number of employees who were aware of the Clinton contract were told to keep it secret.
The way in which Clinton came to contract a company described as a ‘mom and pop’ operation remains unclear.
However Daily Mail Online has established a series of connections between the firm and the Democratic Party.
Home to the home-brew server: This is the apartment complex where Platte River Networks was based until this year. It used a residential apartment as its base
‘Mom and pop’: Platte River Networks was housed in this apartment. The servers were in a closet off the bathroom, former employees tell Daily Mail Online
Rising tally: A report suggests State Department Investigators have already found 60 emails sent from Hillary Clinton’s private server with classified information on them. She is pictured at the Iowa State Fair
Platte River Networks worked for Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper – once heavily tipped to be Clinton’s 2016 running mate – during his election to be mayor of the city in 2003
The company’s controversial vice president of sales David DeCamillis is also said to be a ‘big Democrat’ supporter who offered his house to Joe Biden for the party’s convention held in Denver in 2008.
It will be the small scale of the firm and its own home-made arrangements which will raise the most significant questions over security and over what checks Clinton’s aides made about how suitable it was for dealing with what new transpires to be classified material.
Daily Mail Online spoke to former employees of the firm, including Tera Dadiotis, who was a customer relations consultant between 2007 and 2010.
Describing it as ‘a great place to work, but kind of like a mom and pop shop’, Tera reacted with disbelief that her former company was hired to manage the email system of Democratic juggernaut Hilary Clinton.
Speaking to Daily Mail Online at her home in Castle Rock, Colorado, Tera said: ‘I think it’s really bizarre, I don’t know how that relationship evolved.
‘At the time I worked for them they wouldn’t have been equipped to work for Hilary Clinton because I don’t think they had the resources, they were based out of a loft, so [it was] not very high security, we didn’t even have an alarm.
New headquarters: This office in Colorado is the new based for Platte River Networks.
Open for business: Platte River Networks celebrated the opening of its new office with this group picture of staff. Former staff said the firm had been a fairly small-scale operation
‘I don’t know how they run their operation now, but we literally had our server racks in the bathroom. I mean knowing how small Platte River Networks… I don’t see how that would be secure [enough for Clinton].’
Founded in 2002 by entrepreneurs Treve Suazo, Brent Allshouse and Tom Welch, Platte River Networks worked out of a 1,858 square feet loft apartment in downtown Denver up until this earlier year when they moved to a much bigger 12,000 sq.ft space.
The company celebrated the upgrade with an open house party on June 18, which they excitedly posted on their website and facebook page.
Describing the old office, Tera, 30, said: ‘It was a loft downtown and they [the co-founders] owned it. It was one big open space where we had cubicles and two bathrooms.
‘I actually lived in the same building.’
Clinton’s ‘homebrew’ computer system housed her emails while she was Secretary of State between 2009 and 2013. Platte River Networks provided its services in mid-2013 according to Barbara Wells, the company’s lawyer.
In March Clinton said she wiped the server clean but experts say some of the more than 60,000 emails she deleted may be recoverable.
The server is now in the hands of the FBI who took it off Platte River Networks hands last Wednesday.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3201367/Hillary-s-email-firm-run-loft-apartment-servers-BATHROOM-raising-new-questions-security-sensitive-messages-held.html#ixzz3jB4NvJIo
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
1. I know it wasn’t rape-rape. It was something else but I don’t believe it was rape-rape. He went to jail and and [sic] when they let him out he was like “You know what this guy’s going to give me a hundred years in jail I’m not staying, so that’s why he left.” – Whoopi Goldberg on convicted rapist Roman Polanski
2. My fear is that the whole island (of Guam) will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize. – Democratic congressmen Hank Johnson
3. “I propose a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting. Now, I don’t want to rob any law-abiding American of his or her God-given rights, but I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where 2 to 3 could be required.” – Sheryl Crow
4. “In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.” – Joe Biden
5. “Isn’t it a little racist to call it Black Friday?” – Joy Behar
6. “Every month that we do not have an economic recovery package 500 million Americans lose their jobs.” – Rep. Nancy Pelosi on a nation with 307 million people
7. “African Americans watch the same news at night that ordinary Americans do.” – Bill Clinton
8. “Those who survived the San Francisco earthquake said, ‘Thank God, I’m still alive.’ But, of course, those who died, their lives will never be the same again.” – Sen. Barbara Boxer
9. “A zebra does not change its spots.” – Al Gore
10. “We all know the leopard can’t change his stripes.” – Al Gore
13. “This tornado is in Oklahoma so clearly it has been ordered to only target conservatives.” – Daily Show creator Lizz Winstead on the Moore, Oklahoma tornado
14. “John McCain has not spoken about my Muslim faith.” – Obama
15. “I think when you spread the wealth around, it’s good for everybody.” – Obama
16. “I bowled a 129. It’s like- It was like the Special Olympics.” – Obama
17. “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” – Joe Biden on Obama
18. “What you have is Mitt Romney running around the country saying ‘Well, you know, my wife tells me that what women really care about are economic issues, and when I listen to my wife, that’s what I’m hearing.’ Guess what? His wife has actually never worked a day in her life.” – DNC and Obama adviser Hilary Rosen
19. “Many of my students don’t know that I’m second lady of the United States… because, you know, it’s a community college.” – Second Lady Jill Biden
20. “During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet.” – Al Gore
21. “I hope his kidneys fail, how about that? He needs a waterboarding, that’s what he needs.” – Wanda Skyes towards Rush Limbaugh
22. “I think religion is a neurological disorder.” – Bill Maher
23. “If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very very low crime rate.” – Former D.C. Mayor Marion Barry
24. “Eight more days and I can start telling the truth again” – Sen. Chris Dodd
25. “The conventional viewpoint says we need a jobs program and we need to cut welfare. Just the opposite! We need more welfare and fewer jobs.” – Former California Governer Jerry Brown
26. “If a young fella has an option of having a decent career or joining the army to fight in Iraq, you can bet your life that he would not be in Iraq.” – Congressman Charlie Rangel
27. “Stand up … Chuck, stand up, Chuck, let ’em see you!” – Joe Biden speaking to Sen. Chuck Graham who is wheelchair bound
28. “If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that! Someone else made that happen!” – Obama”
29. You can imagine in China it’s like: ‘Ching chong hugong, ching chong kong, Danny Devito. Ching chong chong chong chong. The View. Ching chong!” – Rosie O’Donnell on The View
30. “My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don’t have that too often.” – Chris Matthews on Obama
Read more at http://dcgazette.com/30-quotes-that-prove-liberals-are-racist/3/
NBC is cutting ties with Donald Trump.
The network is “ending its business relationship” with Trump over his “recent derogatory statements” regarding immigrants, the company said in a statement Monday.
“To that end, the annual Miss USA and Miss Universe Pageants, which are part of a joint venture between NBC and Trump, will no longer air on NBC,” the statement continued.
Welcome to 2015 America, where dissent is punished but a tax dodging riot instigator and a national news anchor who is a pathological liar are embraced as valued employees. Diversity of thought will not be tolerated.
On Trump’s worst days, he is a grating blowhard. He can also be quite entertaining, which is why I suspect so many welcome his candidacy (think Joe Biden but with accomplishments). As someone who has spent his entire life in relatively close proximity to the Mexican border, I can honestly say that Trump’s comments that caused this brouhaha are the sanest, most accurate political remarks he has ever made. The only reason he is being taken to task by NBC is because he deviated from the progressive groupthink orthodoxy to which American media long ago found the right to marry.
In its eagerness to remain accepted by the hive mind, NBC has also thrown all of the Miss USA and Miss Universe pageant contestants under the bus. Fox News contributor and 2013 Miss New York USA winner Joanne Nosuchinsky jumped right in on Twitter to hit back at the network:
“We’ll rely on you, the United States Navy, to lead in solving these emerging problems”
Speaking at a Commencement Ceremony for the Naval Academy today, Vice President Joe Biden warned graduates that they would have to be prepared for the devastating effects of climate change.
“We’ll rely on you, the United States Navy, to lead in solving these emerging problems,” he said, pointing to the massive devastation caused by a major typhoon in the Philippines.
The United States Navy, he explained, “filled the void” in the humanitarian efforts after the major natural disaster.
“Our presence, your presence, matters,” he said.
Biden directly quoted President Obama’s Coast Guard Academy address warning of more extreme storms as a result of climate change.
“Our forces will have to be ready, you remain indispensable,” he stated. “America’s command of the oceans is the measure and the symbol of our diplomatic and military primacy in the world.”