TERROR PANIC: Rep. Says NYC Officials Expecting DIRTY BOMB Attack on July 4th

Pentagon Issues alert; ISIS posts map of FBI Command Centers

BY STEVE WATSON

New York Congressman Peter King was spreading more of his brand of fear on Fox News last night, telling viewers that officials in New York are worried that there is going to be a dirty bomb attack this weekend.

Speaking to Megyn Kelly regarding the heightened chatter of a possible terrorist attack during 4th of July celebrations, King took things to a whole new level.

Saying he’s never seen this level of concern, King stated “You wouldn’t see the… nuclear explosion detection devices being used the way they are… if this were just a routine warning.”

“Did you just say nuclear?” Kelly responded.

“Yes, that’s a big concern here in New York.” King replied, adding “Nuclear explosives, the dirty bomb. That’s why so much money has been put in to explosive detection devices.”

King, Chairman of the Sub-Committee on Counterterrorism, loves to perpetuate the idea that there are terrorists around every corner in US cities trying to set off nuclear bombs. He is obsessed with stripping away freedoms and rights in favour of more aggressive surveillance and tighter controls in the face of the threat of terrorism.

King has routinely called for the NSA to strengthen and increase its mass surveillance programs.

He has previously referred to NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden as a “terrorist appeaser”, and a traitor, and has called for the extradition and prosecution of Snowden, as well as journalists reporting on the issue of NSA surveillance.

King is an expert in terrorism, having supported the IRA in the 1980s, despite bombings that had killed British soldiers and scores of innocent people, as well as targeting British politicians, including the Prime Minister.

On the heels of official alerts from the FBI, the DHS, as well as former CIA officials over July 4th, the Pentagon has also issued an alert, noting that it is maintaining a “higher alert status” due to potential threats from the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

The call went for increased attacks during Ramadan, which is why you see us maintaining a higher alert status,” Army Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told reporters Wednesday.

In addition, fears have been heightened by reports that the FBI is setting up command centers around the country to prepare for terror attacks on the Fourth of July holiday weekend.

ISIS has responded by widely posting a map showing the locations of the temporary command posts.

Capture

FBI employees have reportedly had all vacations cancelled over the weekend, and have been warning friends and relatives of a coming attack.

Massive train full of military equipment seen heading into “hostile” Salt Lake City, Utah ahead of Jade Helm 2015

Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 10.48.10 AM

BY ALEX THOMAS

BUILDUP CONTINUES AHEAD OF JADE HELM 2015

(INTELLIHUB) — In the last three months we have seen dozens upon dozens of suspicious military equipment movements throughout the country coupled with numerous urban military training drills with a strong domestic focus.

Now, even more evidence of some sort of buildup ahead of Jade Helm 2015 has surfaced with video footage taken in Utah showing yet another massive train full of military equipment.

Interestingly, the train was heading into a major city in one of the states that Jade Helm has listed as “hostile.”

The train convoy, carrying “all kinds of equipment” including military police vehicles was seen just outside of Salt Lake City, Utah. The locals who took the footage noted that they had never seen this type of military equipment movement in the past.

This footage is yet another example of what many have called an “unprecedented buildup” seen throughout the country in the last three months.

In the first two months after the fears over Jade Helm began to spread across the internet the sheer amount of urban military training as well as suspicious military equipment movements was off the charts and included:

  • On March 13th, Intellihub founder Shepard Ambellas detailed photos and documentationof nearly 40 U.S. Army soldiers, wielding training rifles and dressed in full combat gear, participating in an urban warfare style training drill just outside the Texarkana Regional Airport perimeter.
  • In the middle of April, a report out of Big Spring, Texas revealed that a train full of military equipment and over a dozen helicopters had arrived in the town ahead of Jade Helm 2015.
  • Photographs taken in Corona, California a few days later added to the Jade Helm speculation after they showed a MRAP full of what looked to be U.S. Marines driving down the 1-15 freeway. “In broad daylight with not a care in the world”
  • On April 24th a shocking report on Intellihub News detailed armed troops seen confronting angry protesters in a “professional news package”of riot control training released by the military
  • “A massive buildup, a lot of movement and its undeniable at this point,” read the headlineon April 25th after a convoy was seen in Oroville, California that stretched as far as the eye could see.
  • Moving into May, photographs taken in Indiana showed a massive military convoy heading down the freeway. The photos, taken by a concerned citizen, show the convoy heading west on I-70 for reasons unknown.
  • Two days later, video footage, this time out of Texarkana, Arkansas, highlighted a convoy of Humvees driving down the highway as well as a trainload of military vehicles that was seen shortly after.
  • In mid May, Intellihub reporter Alex Thomas published a detailed report that confirmed that the military was indeed training to take on the American people, this time in the form of domestic house to house raids.
  • The next day a new report, also by Alex Thomas, proved that Marines were actually practicing for the internment of American citizens.
  • On May 18th, a train full of hundreds of military Humvees was spotted, further revealing the increased military buildup across the country leading into Jade Helm 2015. The train was heading towards Cleveland for unknown reasons although a possible connection to planned upcoming protests had been mentioned.
  • This past week a massive military war game simulation called Raider Focus was announced. The war game will include the largest military convoy seen on the roads of Colorado since World War II.
  • On may 23th, Intellihub News reported on pictures sent to ANP that show a 1/4 mile long military train convoy near the Colorado Wyoming border.
  • Finally, a report published this week detailed a stunning propaganda move by the military involving a New Jersey school and the worship of the military on the streets of America. “As parents, teachers, and students looked on with joy, Marines from the Special-Purpose Marine Air Ground Task Force landed helicopters on the baseball diamond of a New Jersey school.”

The above list only covers April and May, with over a dozen more reports being released in June that can be read here and here.

While many believe that the buildup surrounding Jade Helm means that a martial law scenario will happen sometime this summer, the most likely reason for the buildup and increased urban military training is to prepare for a somewhat near future event (not necessarily this summer) where the President will order the military to use force against Americans.

One of the main questions that remain is why all of a sudden has there been such a big need to increase training and move so much military equipment across the country?

Surveillance Court: NSA May Resume Illegal Bulk Data Collection

Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 10.36.08 AM

A US court has ruled that the National Security Agency can temporarily restart their once-secret bulk data collection program after the law it was based on expired on June 1st.

The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court has allowed the NSA to resume its bulk collection of phone metadata after the expiration of the Patriot Act at the start of the month. Section 215 of that act had formed the basis for the collection of phone call metadata — the numbers, times and locations of calls, but not the content of conversations.

Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 10.37.57 AM

Congress passed the USA Freedom Act June 2, which eliminated the basis for the bulk collection program and said that the expired Section 215 could not be used for phone record collection after more than six months.

“This application presents the question whether the recently-enacted USA Freedom Act… ended the bulk collection of telephone metadata,” the June 29 ruling states. “The short answer is yes. But in doing so, Congress deliberately carved out a 180-day period following the date of enactment in which such collection was specifically authorized. For this reason, the Court approves the application in this case.”

However, the American Civil Liberties Union has said it will seek an injunction from the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. That court had ruled in May that the surveillance program was illegal, even when Section 215 was in force.

Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 10.39.01 AM
Military & Intelligence

02:16 01.07.2015(updated 02:24 01.07.2015) Get short URL
220413

A US court has ruled that the National Security Agency can temporarily restart their once-secret bulk data collection program after the law it was based on expired on June 1st.

The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court has allowed the NSA to resume its bulk collection of phone metadata after the expiration of the Patriot Act at the start of the month. Section 215 of that act had formed the basis for the collection of phone call metadata — the numbers, times and locations of calls, but not the content of conversations.

Congress passed the USA Freedom Act June 2, which eliminated the basis for the bulk collection program and said that the expired Section 215 could not be used for phone record collection after more than six months.

“This application presents the question whether the recently-enacted USA Freedom Act… ended the bulk collection of telephone metadata,” the June 29 ruling states. “The short answer is yes. But in doing so, Congress deliberately carved out a 180-day period following the date of enactment in which such collection was specifically authorized. For this reason, the Court approves the application in this case.”

However, the American Civil Liberties Union has said it will seek an injunction from the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. That court had ruled in May that the surveillance program was illegal, even when Section 215 was in force.

FISA Court Judge Michael Mosman has therefore struck down the Second Circuit’s decision.

“Second Circuit rulings are not binding on the FISC, and this Court respectfully disagrees with that Court’s analysis, especially in view of the intervening enactment of the USA FREEDOM Act,” the ruling said.

The transition period is intended to allow the migration to a new system under which user data is kept by the phone companies, not the NSA. The NSA would still be able to access them, but would have to obtain a warrant and show probable cause.

Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 10.40.09 AM

However, the USA Freedom Act doesn’t actually include language authorizing the bulk collection during the supposed transition period, so, taken together with the contradictory rulings there is some dispute over the legality of the bulk surveillance grace period.

Critics point to the unexpected congressional deadlock over the reauthorization of the bill for creating the odd situation of reviving a program already headed for the chopping block instead of just smoothly phasing it out.

“[Senate Majority Leader Mitch] McConnell’s gamble on a clean reauthorization of [parts of the Patriot Act] without reform and his further attempts to weaken the privacy protections contained in the USA Freedom Act has caused this ridiculous situation in which the bulk metadata program is being reanimated in order to be shut down for good,” Amie Stepanovich, an attorney with the digital-rights group Access, told The Guardian.

When the Second Circuit ruled previously that the program was illegal, it did not seek an injunction, deciding it was better to wait and see what Congress would do as the Patriot Act expired.

The ACLU now says it will be asking for that injunction, in light of the reboot of bulk metadata collection.

“Neither the statute nor the Constitution permits the government to subject millions of innocent people to this kind of intrusive surveillance,” ACLU lawyer Jameel Jaffer told the New York Times. “We intend to ask the court to prohibit the surveillance and to order the N.S.A to purge the records it’s already collected.”

Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) has been one of the most outspoken critics of the bulk metadata program.

“I see no reason for the Executive Branch to restart bulk collection, even for a few months,” Wyden said in a statement. “This illegal dragnet surveillance violated Americans’ rights for fourteen years without making our country any safer. It is disappointing that the administration is seeking to resurrect this unnecessary and invasive program after it has already been shut down.”

Judge Mosman’s ruling maintains that, since Congress passed the USA Freedom Act while fully aware of how the bulk collection program was operating, the law implicitly authorizes that collection to continue during the 180-day period mentioned.

“Congress could have prohibited bulk data collection” effective immediately, he wrote. “Instead, after lengthy public debate, and with crystal-clear knowledge of the fact of ongoing bulk collection of call detail records,” it decided to stipulate a 180-day transitional period during which bulk collection could continue, Mosman wrote.

Justice Department Spokesperson Wyn Hornbuckle said in a statement that the Obama White House agrees with this latest ruling.

Major counter-terrorism exercise in London

Capture

Simulation terror attack has been six months in the planning

Police officers, soldiers, emergency services and intelligence officials are taking part in London’s largest counter-terrorism exercise to date.

The simulation of a terror attack has been six months in the planning.

The exercise – codenamed Strong Tower – involves 1,000 police officers at locations across the capital until Wednesday afternoon.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe said it would test responses to extremists using firearms.

It comes days after 38 people were killed by a gunman in Tunisia, the majority of them British holidaymakers.

The Metropolitan Police says this week’s exercise in London is not based on any specific intelligence and is part of a long-term strategy of planning and preparing for all possible types of terror attack.

Loud noises

Scotland Yard began planning the two-day event in January and only a dozen people know the full script to ensure that the officers and other services taking part face the maximum challenge.

Senior officers say that while much of the exercise will be hidden from view, there may be occasions when the public hear loud noises or see areas being cordoned off. Scotland Yard will be posting updates about the exercise to Twitter, using the hashtag #999exercise.

Capture

The exercise was planned in the wake of the Charlie Hebdo attacks in Paris in January
Actors have been drafted in to play injured people for the training exercise

Sir Bernard said the threat level for terrorism had been raised over the last year, making it vital “that we train and we learn”.

He said: “The reason we have exercises like today is because, obviously, we are concerned there are people planning terrorist events. We intend first of all to stop them from getting to attack. But should we not stop the terrorists in their planning, it’s essential we disrupt them in any of the attacks that may take place.”

Ch Supt Paul Rickett told the BBC it was “incredibly important” that the emergency services were prepared for this type of scenario.

“Events have told us around the world that the last thing you can be is complacent, so that is why it is important we continually respond to the emerging threat, change our tactics and we test our capability and readiness to respond,” he said.

Analysis

Capture

Fire and rescue teams have a legal duty, alongside police, to prepare for civil emergencies

By Dominic Casciani, BBC home affairs correspondent

Although the nature of this “live play” exercise sounds similar to the attack in Tunisia, this event has been six months in the planning and is part of a regular programme.

The officers who came on shift this morning knew they were taking part in an exercise – but nothing about what they would be facing. Not even the “gold commander”, the senior officer making the big decisions in the operations room, will know what’s going to happen.

The exercise is influenced by what happened during two incidents: the Charlie Hebdo attack in Paris and the cafe siege in Sydney.

Scotland Yard stresses that whatever happens during this exercise, it doesn’t mean they have specific intelligence that such an event could occur. But they do want to ensure they have planned for every conceivable type of incident in case it should ever come to pass.

How safe is the UK a decade after 7/7?

Deputy Assistant Commissioner Maxine de Brunner, the exercise’s director, said the aim was to test and challenge police and other agencies in an “ambitious multi-site marauding terrorist attack”.

“This exercise will be an on-going fast-paced terrorist situation and we will explore how we as London’s agencies respond,” said DAC de Brunner.

“The exercise is at the extreme end of what might happen.”

Crisis-management skills

Emergency services are under a legal duty to test their preparedness for all manner of crises from terrorism attacks to flooding.

Many counter-terrorism training exercises take place out of view around the country and the last comparable exercise of this nature was in London was in 2012.

In that exercise, the Metropolitan Police and others tested how they would respond to an attack on the London Underground involving a possible radiological or chemical device.

But while Tuesday and Wednesday’s exercise is likely to involve comparable numbers of people, it has been designed to stretch them much further by moving the incident around the city – although nobody other than the directors know exactly what is going to happen.

The agencies involved in the operation include the police, London Fire Brigade, London Ambulance Service, Transport For London, the NHS and a string of government departments who will face tests of their decision-making and crisis-management skills.