SECONDS FROM SLAUGHTER London Bridge attack – ISIS claims responsibility for Borough Market atrocity as chilling video shows jihadi terrorists stalking pubs looking for revellers to kill in deadly rampage

By Mark Hodge, Neal Baker and Emma Lake

ISIS has claimed responsibility for the depraved attack in London Bridge as chilling video shows three jihadis calmly strolling past a pub while in the midst of the van and knife rampage that killed seven and critically injured 21.

The twisted killers are seen calmly walking through Borough Market moments before they launched a stabbing attack on pubgoers while shouting “this is for Allah”, having already driven a van into crowds.

The sick jihadis are seen strolling through Borough Market seconds before they launched a stabbing rampage

The attackers would be shot dead by armed police minutes after this footage was taken

Three men – two lying in the background – believed to be the terrorists pictured dead after being shot by police

Stunned bystanders being marched by police with their hands in the air, amid fears the terrorists could have been trying to mingle with them

Theresa May defiantly said ‘enough is enough’ outside Number 10 today

A police officer comforts an emotional woman at the scene of the attack on Sunday

The white van used in the deadly attack is removed by authorities on Sunday

Terror group ISIS has claimed responsibility for the mass killing more than 24 hours after the atrocity through their affiliated news agency Amaq.

Despite the warped death cult’s claims, Amaq recently claimed that an arson assault on a casino in Manila was ISIS-related. But CCTV footage released shortly after suggested the incident was a botched robbery and not terror related.

On Saturday on London Bridge, a three-strong terrorist gang wearing fake suicide vests were shot dead by armed police after inflicting eight minutes of terror on those enjoying a summer’s evening in the capital, killing seven and injuring 48 – with 21 still critical.

Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 6.59.04 PM

The PM delivered a firm warning to those who harbour extremists in what looked like a turning point in terror policy today after the latest terror attack struck in the heart of London.

Following the third terrorist attack in three months Mrs May defiantly confirmed Thursday’s General Election will go ahead and issued a warning to jihadis and those who harbour them as she said “things need to change”.

After chairing a Cobra meeting she said: “It is time to say enough is enough. Everybody needs to go about their lives as they normally would. Our society should continue to function in accordance with our values.

“But when it comes to taking on extremism and terrorism, things need to change.

“While we have made significant progress in recent years there is, to be frank, far too much tolerance of extremism in our country.

“So we need to become far more robust in identifying it and stamping it out – across the public sector and across society.

“That will require some difficult and often embarrassing conversations, but the whole of our country needs to come together to take on this extremism.”


WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR:


The van was ploughed into pedestrians on London Bridge before the terrorists went a stabbing spree through Borough Market and the surrounding streets.

Staff at a packed pub locked the doors and barricaded revellers inside as the armed gang tried to smash their way in shortly after 10.08pm.

The first casualty to be named is Christine Archibald a charity worker from British Columbia, Canada.

Survivor Daniel O’Neill, 23, was standing outside a bar when one of the killers plunged a knife into him.

His mum Elizabeth told BBC News: “He had just stepped outside the bar for a second and a man ran up to him and said ‘this is for my family, this is for Islam’ and put a knife in him.”

Another man has posted his a picture of his friend Brett Freeman in a hospital bed calling him a “soldier” for pulling through the attack in which he claims he was stabbed four times.

The Met’s Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley has confirmed that all three of the depraved attackers were shot and killed outside the Wheatsheaf pub within eight minutes of the first call to emergency services after brave cops rushed to protect the public.

A picture of the van used in the deadly terror attack which left seven innocent people dead in the London Bridge area

A victim being treated on a stretcher following the terror attack on London Bridge

A member of the public was caught in the crossfire as police fired an “unprecedented 50 rounds”  at the terrorists, but was not critically injured.

Shortly after Mrs May’s statement Home Secretary Amber Rudd confirmed that police believe they have “all the main perpetrators” and are confident they were radical Islamic terrorists.

Echoing the PM’s words today Boris Johnson said “the wells of tolerance are running empty.”

The Foreign Secretary and former London Mayor said: “Today we collectively resolve to beat the terrorists and their nihilistic creed.

“To those who sympathise or encourage or harbour or aid or abet these killers – in any way – we say enough is enough.

“Your time is up. The wells of tolerance are running empty. We will not let you disrupt our lives or our democracy.”

“In the week of this general election millions of people need to hear the arguments on either side. They cannot have that fundamental right taken away by terrorists.”

He added: “The response of the British people will be to carry on with business and usual – as far as they possibly can – in a spirit of total defiance.”

The Muslim Council of Britain has responded to Mrs May’s comments. Secretary general Harun Rashid told the BBC the council would be launching a campaign with mosques to encourage the reporting of suspicious activity.

He said: “We are ready to have those difficult conversations, as equal citizens with an equal stake in this fight.”

An injured person lies on the ground following last night’s atrocity

Confirming the death toll had risen to seven this morning Met Police Commissioner Cressida Dick praised the “extraordinary courage” of brave passers-by who stepped in to help those injured in last night’s atrocity.

Commissioner Dick said: “Many, many people risked their own safety to help others and treat those seriously injured and to indeed confront the suspects involved.

“It’s clear to me the courage of those people during and following this attack was extraordinary.”

A French man and a Canadian have been confirmed as among those killed with PM Justin Trudeau condemning the “senseless” attack.

This morning members of the public have returned to the area to lay flowers as police, forensic teams and armed officers continue to swarm the area.

Mayor of London Sadiq Khan has announced a vigil will be held at 6pm on Monday in Potters Fields Park with a minute’s silent at 6.20pm.


Related stories


Whitehall officials have told the BBC it is too early to confirm if the attackers were “subjects of interest” known to MI5 or cops.

Police have arrested 12 people including several women in burkas in a dramatic raid on a block of flats in Barking, east London, believed to be home to at least one of the attackers.

A second flat in East Ham was raided with witnesses saying two suspects were dragged away and put into police vans as snipers were poised from across the road – but cops have yet to confirm if this was related to the attack.

Investigators have also confirmed that seven women have been arrested in connection with the twisted assault.

Detectives were still investigating whether the assailants acted alone, and Mark Rowley, head of national counter-terrorism policing, said their identities would be released “as soon as operationally possible”.

Sick jihadis took to social media to praise the three terrorists who ploughed through crowds on the bridge before going on a stabbing rampage with hunting knives.

Extremists responded by saying: “These are the black days we promised”.

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn said he was “shocked and horrified” by the attacks and praised the emergency services.

He also has dramatically U-turned on his long-held concerns over gun cops’ shoot-to-kill policy in light of the senseless attack.

Corbyn said police must have “full authority” to use “whatever force is necessary to protect and save life.”

Armed police help a victim who is being stretchered into an ambulance

Armed cops put on a display of strength at London Bridge on Sunday

Police arrested 12 people in a raid on a Barking flat today

2 thoughts on “SECONDS FROM SLAUGHTER London Bridge attack – ISIS claims responsibility for Borough Market atrocity as chilling video shows jihadi terrorists stalking pubs looking for revellers to kill in deadly rampage

  1. Pingback: SECONDS FROM SLAUGHTER London Bridge attack – ISIS claims responsibility for Borough Market atrocity as chilling video shows jihadi terrorists stalking pubs looking for revellers to kill in deadly rampage | zooforyou

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s