By Deanese Williams-Harris and Elyssa Cherney
Two people were shot to death in Humboldt Park, and 10 other people were wounded between Friday and Saturday mornings in city shootings, according to Chicago police.
The fatal shooting occurred around 10 a.m. in the 3400 block of West Augusta Boulevard, police said in a media notification.
Police only described the victims as males and said they were dead at the scene, where officers worked around a dark car with bullet holes and shattered glass.
More than a dozen yellow evidence markers were placed on the street around the car.
No one was in custody.
About half an hour earlier, a 25-year-old woman was shot in the leg near Hughes Elementary School in the Lawndale neighborhood on the West Side, police said.
The school was placed on lockdown while police investigated.
The shooting occurred around 9:35 a.m. in the 4200 block of West 15th Street, police said. The woman was taken in good condition to Mount Sinai Hospital.
In other shootings:
- On the West Side, a man walked into Norwegian American Hospital with a gunshot wound to his forearm just before 4:30 a.m., police said. He told police he was walking down the street in the 2800 block of West Division Street in the Humboldt Park neighborhood when he was struck by crossfire between two vehicles.
- Just before 3:50 a.m. Saturday, a 20-year-old man was dropped off at Community First Medical Center with multiple gunshot wounds, police said. He was transferred to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center in critical condition with injuries to his chest, abdomen, back, arm and buttock, police said. A witness told police the man called him saying he was shot in the 5800 block of West Waveland Avenue in the Portage Park neighborhood on the Northwest Side.
- About the same time on the Southeast Side, a 26-year-old woman was shot in both legs in the South Chicago neighborhood, police said. Police responded to the 8100 block of South Crandon Avenue to find her. Police were unable to interview her, but she was possibly sitting in a car when she was shot. She was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center, where her condition was stabilized.
- On the Far South Side, just before 1 a.m., a 54-year-old man was shot in the back after trying to de-escalate an argument between a man and a woman in the West Pullman neighborhood, police said. The man stepped outside of a music venue in the 12300 block of South Normal Avenue to intervene when someone fired a shot, hitting him. He was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where his condition was stabilized.
- A 21-year-old man was shot in the lower back in the Galewood neighborhood on the Northwest Side about 9:25 p.m. Friday, police said. He was being treated at Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, where his condition was stabilized. He was not cooperating with the police.
- A 47-year-old was shot around 5:40 p.m. in the 5500 block of West Jackson Boulevard in the Austin neighborhood, police said. He was walking, heard shots and felt pain, suffering a wound to his right arm. He was taken to Stroger Hospital, where his condition was stabilized, police said.
- A man was wounded in a shooting shortly before 4:55 p.m. in the 4200 block of South Michigan Avenue in the Bronzeville neighborhood. Police said the 58-year-old man was walking when someone came out of an alley and fired shots in his direction. The victim was struck in the leg and taken to Mercy Hospital and Medical Center, where his condition was stabilized, police said.
- Another man was shot just after 3:15 p.m. in the Lawndale neighborhood in the 3100 block of West 13th Street. The 24-year-old man was walking when three people emerged from an alley and shot him in the abdomen and arm, police said. He was taken in serious condition to Mount Sinai Hospital, where his condition was stabilized, police said.
- Another person was shot around 2:40 p.m. in the 9700 block of South Calumet Avenue in the Rosemoor neighborhood. The 34-year-old man was shot in the chest and taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where he was listed in critical condition, police said.
Check back for updates.