Fake News: CNN Speculates Russia Probably Covered Up Involvement In Chemical Attack

Assad echoes Putin in saying attack was false flag set up by US

Steve Watson | Infowars.com – April 13, 2017

In a report Wednesday, CNN cited ‘anonymous sources’ to push a conspiracy theory that Russia covered up its communications regarding the chemical attack in Syria

According to the network, an anonymous senior US official has claimed that the US intercepted communications between Syrian military officials which proves that Damascus was behind the attack in Idlib.

CNN then noted that evidence implicating Russia has not been unearthed, and speculated that the reason is probably because Russia is better at covering its tracks.

“The likelihood is the Russians are more careful in their communications to avoid being intercepted.” the CNN report reads.

The report states that US intelligence has communications “featuring Syrian military and chemical experts talking about preparations for the sarin attack in Idlib last week.”

The anonymous source didn’t provide any other facts or context, such as when the intercept was made, and what concrete information was contained within it.

The only specific detail given from the source is that Russia flew a drone over the hospital that was treating people injured in the attack.

The report also speculates that even if US intelligence agencies had proof of Russian involvement it probably wouldn’t make it public because “the US feels right now that it has made the case that Russian support for [Syrian President Bashar] Assad must end.”

CNN says that the source did say that the US “did not know prior to the attack it was going to happen.”

Meanwhile, the Syrian President has echoed Vladimir Putin’s claim that the attack was a ‘false flag’ set up to justify US military strikes.

Assad went further than Putin, specifically saying that the US was behind the attack, and that it is a 100 per cent fabrication”:

“Our impression is that the West, mainly the United States, is hand-in-glove with the terrorists. They fabricated the whole story in order to have a pretext for the attack.” Assad said in an interview with AFP.

Assad also claimed that the Syrian army ‘gave up’ all its chemical weapons in 2013, and said “Even if we have them, we wouldn’t use them.”

The Syrian leader declared that he will only allow a probe into the attack if it is ‘impartial’.

“We can only allow any investigation when it’s impartial, when we make sure that unbiased countries will participate in this delegation in order to make sure that they won’t use it for politicized purposes.” Assad said.

The Syrian President also said that Syrian firepower is ‘not affected’ by the US missile strike, and added that the US is ‘not serious’ about finding a political solution to the civil war because “they want to use it as an umbrella for the terrorists.”

‘They’re terrified that peace was going to break out’ – Ron Paul on US Syria strike

“A victory of neo-conservatives” – that’s how Ron Paul, a former member of the US House of Representatives and three-time presidential candidate, described the US strike on Syria, adding that he does not expect peace talks to resume any time soon.

*

Follow RT’s LIVE UPDATES on the US strikes on Syria

Speaking to RT, Ron Paul said that there is no proof of Damascus’ guilt that could trigger such a rash and violent response from the US.

“I don’t think the evidence is there, at least it hasn’t been presented, and they need a so-called excuse, they worked real hard, our government and their coalition.”

*

This is not the first time something like this has happened in Syria or elsewhere, Paul said, but now it is convenient to pay attention and react immediately.

“If any of this was true, I don’t know why they couldn’t wait and take a look at it. In 2013, there were similar stories that didn’t go anywhere, because with a little bit of a pause, there was a resistance to it built in our Congress and in the American people. They thought that it was a fraud and nothing like that was happening, and right now, I just can’t think of how it could conceivably be what they claim, because it’s helping ISIS, because it’s helping Al-Qaeda.”

“From my point of view, there was no need to rush. There was no threat to national security. They have to give a reason to do these things,” Paul added.

A factor that contributed to the speedy reaction was of course the US president, the politician told RT.

“I have no idea what his purpose was. Maybe he just didn’t want to hear the debate, because the last time they debated it, they lost. And this time, it was necessary for them to jump onto this, before people came to know what was really going on.”

READ MORE: Syria & Iraq: Anatomy of a 21st century conflict

The Syrian situation now is “a victory for neo-conservatives, who’ve been looking for Assad to go,” Paul said.

“They want to get rid of him, and you have to look for who is involved in that. Unfortunately, they are the ones who are winning out on this, and the radicals, too! There is a bit of hypocrisy going on here, because at one minute we say, well, maybe Assad has to stay, the next day he has to go, and we’re there fighting ISIS and Al-Qaeda. At the same time, what we end up doing is we actually strengthen them! It is a mess.

*

“I don’t believe that our people or the American government should be the policemen of the world, it makes no sense, it causes us more trouble and more grief, it causes us more financial problems, and it’s hardly a way that we could defend our constitutional liberty.”

This policy clearly does not lead to peace, Paul told RT.

“The peace talks have ended now. They’re terrified that peace was going to break out! Al-Qaeda was on the run, peace talks were happening, and all of a sudden, they had to change, and this changes things dramatically! I don’t expect peace talks anytime soon or in the distant future.”

Last but not least, the politician spoke out about the deeper reasons – and potential disastrous consequences – of the latest attack’s timing.

“I was wondering about the fact that the announcement came when Trump was talking to Xi [Jinping, the Chinese president]. And of course, [North] Korea’s high on the list of targets for our president and our administration. It might be a warning: this is what’s going to happen to you if you don’t do what we tell you. I just don’t like us being involved in so many countries, in their internal affairs; I think it’s so detrimental.”

Assad: No one invited US to Manbij, all foreign troops in Syria without permission are ‘invaders’

Any foreign forces, including those from the US, that enter Syria without invitation are invaders, Syrian President Bashar Assad told Chinese media in an interview, noting that no one had given the US troops currently in Manbij permission to be there.

*

“Any foreign troops coming to Syria without our invitation or consultation or permission, they are invaders, whether they are American, Turkish, or any other one,” Assad told Chinese PHOENIX TV, as cited by the Syrian state-run SANA news agency.

*

When a journalist asked the Syrian president if Damascus had “opened doors” for American troops in Aleppo province’s city of Manbij, Assad said “No, we didn’t.”

“What are they [foreign troops] going to do? To fight ISIS [Islamic State, formerly ISIL]? The Americans lost nearly every war. They lost in Iraq, they had to withdraw at the end. Even in Somalia, let alone Vietnam in the past and Afghanistan.”

According to Assad, the US “didn’t succeed anywhere they sent troops, they only create a mess; they are very good in creating problems and destroying, but they are very bad in finding solutions.”

The Pentagon confirmed earlier in March that US troops had been sent to Manbij to prevent conflict between US-backed Kurdish forces and rebels backed by Turkey.

Without foreign intervention, the Syrian war “will take a few months” to bring to an end, Assad noted.

The complexity of this war is the foreign intervention. This is the problem,” he said.

Syria’s president stressed that government troops are now very close to Raqqa, Islamic State’s stronghold some 100 kilometers from Manbij.

American troops were first spotted in the town earlier in March. Reports emerged at the time claiming that a deal had been struck for the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) to hand over some 20 villages in a zone between Manbij and Al-Bab, which had been recently taken by Turkish-backed forces, to the Syrian government.

READ MORE: US troops spotted in armored convoy near Manbij, Syria (VIDEO)

“They [Syrian forces] are certainly aware of where we [US] are, and we are aware of where they are. There is no intention between the two of there being any conflict against any party other than ISIS,” Pentagon spokesman Captain Jeff Davis told reporters.

On Thursday, the US-led coalition confirmed that around 400 American marines and army rangers had arrived in Syria to establish an outpost to support an operation to take the city of Raqqa. The new contingent adds to the 500 US troops already in Syria. US Air Force Colonel John Dorrian, the coalition’s spokesman, says the new soldiers have been deployed to expedite the defeat of the terrorists in Raqqa.

Russian sappers sweep Aleppo for mines, discovering shells made in US, Germany

screen-shot-2016-12-28-at-11-48-53-am

Russian bomb disposal teams are continuing to sweep schools and mosques of Aleppo for booby-traps, mines and munitions after they were wrested from rebel control. Recovered explosives come from various parts of the world, including the US and Germany.

The teams discovered and defused some 14,700 dangerous items, including 6,700 IEDs. The munitions discovered in stockpiles left behind by various armed groups ranged from small arms rounds and hand grenades all the way up to rockets meant for multiple-rocket launchers.

Footage of the ongoing demining operation released by the Russian Defense Ministry showed crates full of various munitions; some of them marked <span style=”color: #00ff00;”><strong>“Produced in Yugoslavia by Ordnance Corps United States Army.”</” /]
Mass graves of tortured civilians found in Aleppo – Russian MoD

*

“The munitions we found were German, American, Bulgarian… The amount they had was somewhat disconcerting,” Maj. Ivan Gromov, a bomb disposal squad leader said.

The Russian military in Aleppo are assisting with restoring normal life in the city after four years of hostilities. In addition to disposing of explosives, they help with deliveries of humanitarian aid and restoring utilities. A Russian military police unit was deployed to Aleppo to preserve order and prevent possible abuses.

Militants opposing the Syrian government were forced to leave eastern Aleppo after Damascus conducted a successful offensive operation in the city last month. The evacuation of rebel fighters and their civilian supporters was meant to spare lives and was conducted with the help of international humanitarian organizations. This ended constant fighting in the city, which was divided into government-held and rebel-held parts for years.

Report: Jihadist Who Sent 8 Year Old Daughter On Suicide Mission Dead

screen-shot-2016-12-28-at-11-01-15-am

Man recently released a video of his daughter preparing for her suicide bombing of a Syrian police station

BY INFOWARS.COM

Abu Nimr, an Islamic terrorist who recently sent his eight-year-old daughter on a suicide bombing mission in Damascus, Syria, has died according to an RT correspondent.

screen-shot-2016-12-28-at-11-03-13-am

Infowars reporter David Knight joined The Alex Jones Show to discuss the viral video that was released last week.

Karrie Murray 

It’s sick who would ever do that to their children!! My heart breaks for those poor kids.

‘Lies are their agenda’: Canadian journalist blasts MSM Syria coverage at UN event

screen-shot-2016-12-14-at-5-24-57-pm

Western mainstream media’s coverage of the Syrian war is “compromised” as their local sources are “not credible” and, in the case of Aleppo, not even there, a Canadian journalist said in an emotional speech at the UN.

*

“These organizations are relying on the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights [SOHR], which is based in Coventry, UK, which is one man. They’re relying on compromised groups like the White Helmets. Let’s talk about the White Helmets,” she went on.

Members of the controversial group “purport to be rescuing civilians in eastern Aleppo and Idlib … no one in eastern Aleppo has heard of them.” Meanwhile, she noted, “their video footage actually contains children that have been ‘recycled’ in different reports; so you can find a girl named Aya who turns up in a report in say August, and she turns up in the next month in two different locations.”

screen-shot-2016-12-14-at-5-26-53-pm

“So they [the White Helmets] are not credible. The SOHR are not credible. ‘Unnamed activists’ are not credible. Once or twice maybe, but every time? Not credible. So your sources on the ground – you don’t have them,” Bartlett concluded.

A journalist from Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera took a more measured tone and asked Bartlett to explain the difference between the Western and Russian media coverage, saying that Russian television channels report on humanitarian efforts and reconciliation instead of overt naming and blaming.

“You ask why we aren’t seeing this,” Bartlett said. “This relates to the other gentleman’s question about why most of the corporate media are telling lies about Syria. It’s because this is the agenda; if they had told the truth about Syria from the beginning, we wouldn’t be here now. We wouldn’t have seen so many people killed.”

UNSC vetoes rival resolutions on Syria sponsored by Russia and France

The UN Security Council (UNSC) has vetoed two rival resolutions proposed by Russia and France on the escalating situation in Syria and the war-torn city of Aleppo in particular.

*
In his statement, the Russian envoy to the UN, Vitaly Churkin, said that all of the members of the UNSC understood from the beginning that both draft resolutions would not go through.

Read more
Russian FM urges ‘care’ of all Aleppo residents, not just those in east of city
“Today we are participating in one of the most bizarre scenes in the history of the UN Security Council. We will vote on the two draft Council resolutions, and we are all well aware that neither of them will be accepted,” Churkin said.

The official urged all sides to restart the Syria peace process, which he said had been “jeopardized” by the radical groups.

The French proposal implied “upgraded” coordination of monitoring of the situation in Syria and reactivating the cessation of hostilities in Aleppo. One of the key points of the proposal was a halt to Syrian and Russian bombardment of East Aleppo.

However, Moscow and Damascus repeatedly stressed they are targeting terrorist hideouts there, which have been jeopardizing the cessation of hostilities.

The French proposal also included a call for all sides to prevent any material and financial resources reaching individuals or groups “associated with al-Qaeda and IS [Islamic State].” In addition, the French urged greater access for humanitarian aid deliveries across Syria.

Moscow: Halt to strikes gives terrorists ‘cover’
The Russian Foreign Ministry said that the French-sponsored resolution AL the real situation in Syria after the US refused to stick to the agreement on settling the crisis. The prohibition of flights over Aleppo “provides cover to terrorists from Jabhat al-Nusra” and those militants who allied with them, the Russian Foreign Ministry stated.

Moscow is nevertheless ready to work together on fulfilling the agreements reached earlier on resolving the deadlock in Syria, the Foreign Ministry added.

Russia for its part submitted to the UNSC a counter-resolution on Syria. According to the document, Moscow called for an immediate halt to the violence in war-ravaged Aleppo, but not for a halt to anti-terrorist strikes in the city. Monitoring should be then evaluated by the International Syrian Support Group (ISSG), the document said.

One of the key elements of the proposal was an urgent need for a separation of moderate rebels from terrorist groups like Al-Nusra in Aleppo, as agreed between Moscow and Washington in Geneva on September 9.

Read more
US seeks to enforce global dominance by unleashing war on countries who oppose it – Assad
Commenting on the Russian resolution at the UNSC, the US representative stated that Moscow can’t justify its strikes in Aleppo with “a few hundred” al-Nusra terrorists there.

Howver according to the latest estimations by the UN between six and eight thousand militants are currently holding the eastern part of Aleppo, with nearly a half estimated to belong or act together with the al-Nusra terrorists.

Russian draft also strongly backed calls by the UN envoy to Syria Staffan de Mistura to allow safe exit for Nusra terrorists in order to bring relief to Aleppo. On Thursday de Mistura said he is willing to personally escort them out.

“If you [Al-Nusra] did decide to leave, in dignity with your weapons, to Idlib or anywhere you wanted to go, I personally am ready, physically ready, to accompany you,” he said.

De Mistura, warned that East Aleppo might be destroyed within two months if the military action in the city continues.

Russia and the Syrian government have come under intense criticism from the US in recent days over the strikes in Aleppo. On Friday, US Secretary of State John Kerry said that the Russian and Syrian governments’ actions in Syria “beg for an appropriate investigation of war crimes.” He alleged that Moscow and Damascus have been “hitting hospitals, medical facilities,” in the war-ravaged country.

READ MORE: Russian FM urges ‘care’ of all Aleppo residents, not just those in east of city

Russia and Syria have denied any wrongdoing, with Moscow insisting that any peace plan for Syria and Aleppo in particular will not bear fruit until the US-backed rebels clearly distance themselves from Al-Nusra. On Friday, Russian Deputy Defense Minister Anatoly Antonov said that the US had consistently failed to deliver on its promises to do so. “It has led to problems in identifying specific violators of the ceasefire,” Antonov said.

During the UNSC session, Churkin “regretted” that New Zealand’s push for a document combining Russian and French proposals has not been given any consideration in the Council.

“We know that New Zealand tried to work out a draft resolution that would [be] in the middle of the two approaches presented today. We regret that some influential members of the Council did not allow to set your project going,” he said.