Published on Aug 22, 2017
This week I headed down to laguna Beach where ANTIFA/ alt-left protesters had a hard time answering some basic questions about their cause. These people TRULY think they are fighting Nazis.
Published on Aug 22, 2017
The body has criticized the US “failure at the highest political level to unequivocally reject racist violent events,” the UN said in a statement Wednesday.
Under its “early warning and urgent action” procedure, the committee has called on US leaders to clearly “condemn racist hate speech and crimes in Charlottesville and throughout the country.”
CERD also called on the US government to “ensure that the rights to freedom of expression, association and peaceful assembly are not exercised with the aim of destroying or denying the rights and freedoms of others.”
Although the statement does not mention President Donald Trump by name, it appears to refer to his initial response to the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia on August 12, where white supremacists clashed with counter-protesters.
One woman was killed and 19 people were injured when a car driven by an alleged white supremacist slammed into a group of counter-protesters later in the day.
Before the fatal incident, Trump called the fighting an “egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides,” including the counter-protesters armed with bats, sticks and pepper spray. Trump later condemned white supremacists but maintained that there was “blame on both sides” for the violence, sparking further media outrage.
At his rally in Phoenix, Arizona, on Wednesday, the president accused the media of misreporting his remarks about Charlottesville and ignoring the parts where he condemned the white supremacists.
“I hit ‘em with neo-Nazi,” he said. “I hit ‘em with everything. I got the white supremacist, the neo-Nazi. I got ‘em all in there. Let’s see. KKK? We have KKK. I got ‘em all. So they’re having a hard time. So what did they say, right? ‘It should have been sooner. He’s a racist,’” Trump said at the rally.
Last week, five armed services chiefs — of the Army, the Air Force, the Navy, the Marines and the National Guard Bureau — issued statements condemning racism and stating that diversity makes their forces stronger.
“In no way can we accept or apologize for racism, bigotry, hatred or violence,” Attorney General Jeff Sessions said last Wednesday.
“We condemn racism. We condemn bigotry in all of its forms. Racism is evil. It is antithetical to American values. It’s antithetical to the American idea,” Secretary of State Rex Tillerson stated on Friday.
That day, all but one member of the President’s Committee to the Arts and Humanities resigned in protest over President Donald Trump’s response to the violence in Charlottesville.
A number of business executives had earlier left the president’s advisory councils for the same reason. Trump then announced that he was disbanding the councils.
“Rather than putting pressure on the businesspeople of the Manufacturing Council & Strategy & Policy Forum, I am ending both. Thank you all!” Trump tweeted.
Albdelbaki Es Satty, one of the deceased members of the Islamist cell which is said to have carried out the attacks in Barcelona and Cambrils, was ordered to leave Spain in 2014 at the end of his jail term for drug trafficking, according to El Mundo, which obtained access to judicial documents.
Two members of that cell called Es Satty the key organizer of the plot, as the four surviving suspects gave statements at the high court in Madrid on Tuesday.
Although Es Satty’s role is yet to be defined, Catalan police chief Joseph Lluis Trapero indicated that investigators are working on a hypothesis that the imam radicalized the group’s members, La voz de Galicia reports. Earlier, however, a police spokesperson said they “can’t compromise evidence or leads, or give unreliable information” concerning Es Satty.
The Moroccan-born preacher was detained in 2010 on charges of committing crimes against public health, and was sentenced to four years and one month behind bars. He served time from 2012 to 2014, El Mundo reports, without detailing why the term was reduced.
According to Spanish media, during his time at the Castellon prison, Es Satty made contact with Rachid Aglif, one of the jihadists behind the Madrid train bombings in 2004.
Shortly after being released from prison, Es Satty was ordered by the local authorities to leave Spain and was banned entry for five years, based on the Aliens Act, which allows the deportation of foreigners charged with willful misconduct and who are serving custodial sentences of more than a year.
Es Satty’s lawyer appealed the decree, however, stating it would infringe the defendant’s international rights. The judge, Pablo de la Rubia, sided with the appeal and ruled that the Moroccan was no danger and showed “efforts of integrating into Spanish society,” despite being charged with a serious offense, El Mundo reports.
The Moroccan imam died in an accidental blast in a house in Alcanar, where the cell allegedly tried to manufacture explosives a day before the attacks.
In 2016, the Belgian authorities requested information from the Spanish security forces on whether Es Satty had links with Islamist terrorism after suspicions emerged during his stay in the Belgian city of Vilvoorde that year, El Pais reports, citing the city’s mayor, Hans Bonte.
The head of Vilvoorde’s mosque voiced his concerns after Es Satty “turned up unannounced and said he wanted to be an imam because he had no future in Spain,” Bonte says.
According to the official, the Spanish authorities replied that there was no indication of Es Satty being engaged in radical Islam. Both Belgian and Spanish authorities refused to comment to El Pais, only saying that the imam’s background wasn’t suspicious and they don’t normally share sensitive intelligence.
Es Satty is also believed to have traveled to France on several occasions to take “courses” on bomb-making, La Razon reports.
During Tuesday’s hearing in Madrid, one of the suspected assailants, Mohamed Houli Chemlal, admitted the group planned a larger attack with explosives, according to media citing unnamed judicial officials. On Wednesday, police revealed they had found a belt with real explosives at the house in Alcanar, as well as more than 100 butane canisters, 500 liters of acetone and nails, as AP reports.
On Thursday, a rented van careened through the crowds at Las Ramblas in Barcelona, killing 13 people and injuring more than 100. Another man was stabbed to death, as the alleged driver, Younes Abouyaaqoub, made his escape on foot. Just hours later in Cambrils, five other men drove their car into pedestrians and went on a stabbing spree, leaving one woman dead.
It is not the first time a person with a criminal record has escaped deportation, only to appear later as a suspected terrorist having slipped off the radar of law enforcement.
In a similar case, the perpetrator of the Berlin attack last year, Anis Amri, faced deportation from Italy and Germany, but a lack of necessary papers impeded the procedures. With authorities apparently being warned about a possible threat, the Tunisian drove a truck into crowds at a Christmas market, killing 12 people and injuring dozens of others.
Elsewhere, more than 40 convicted terrorists remain in the UK, as they continue to evade deportation to their home countries through the Human Rights Act, according to the Telegraph, citing an unpublished report by the Home Office. Among them is Baghdad Meziane, convicted of funding Al-Qaeda, who remains in Britain due to fears of being tortured in his native Algeria.Safety fears prevented two others from being removed, including Ismail Abdurahman and Siraj Yassin Abdullah Ali, who were convicted of aiding the London bombings in 2005.
By Rick Wells
That’s why he’s on CNN, badmouthing President Trump. It’s his new job, the only thing he’s done since he left the government, with ever-increasing vitriol and frequency. The Obama official who was busted lying on video to the US Senate about spying on American citizens is brought in by Don Lemon specifically to disparage the President.
Clapper starts by attempting to provide himself with credibility, telling the audience how he’s “toiled in one capacity or another for since and including John F. Kennedy through and including ‘president’ Obama.” Don’t get too overly dramatic, Clapper. You had a government job working forty hours a week inside an air conditioned building; that’s not toiling.
He says that he doesn’t know when he’s listened to or watched something from a President that he found more disturbing. That’s good, what Trump is saying it would mean the President is messing up or selling us out. Clapper says that, with his understanding of the levers of power available to a president if he chooses to exercise them, he found President Trump’s rally “downright scary and disturbing.” Of course no specifics are ever provided for his Trump doom and gloom and he didn’t start now.
Don Lemon, who earlier went on a rant that included citing enemies of President Trump within the CNN coup circle as questioning his fitness, now asks the same question of Clapper. It’s the replacement for Russia, and racist, when they run out of steam. Obviously, he knows what answer he’s going to receive. We all do, even before he says it.
Clapper replied, “Yes, I do,” just like Soros and Obama told him. Hecontinues with the setup narrative just as he did with the original “assessment” on the Russia, Russia, Russia. There was nothing there besides empty false accusations, and the lying “Dr Clapper” is now making his medical diagnosis of President Trump on television, appropriately from the studios of CNN Fake News.
Clapper stumbles a bit as if he’s trying to add some “sincere believability” effect or he can’t remember what his handlers told him to say. He says, “I, I, I, I, really ques, question, uh, his uh, ability to, uh, his fitness to be in this office and I also am beginning to wonder uh about, uh, his, his, motivation for, maybe, maybe he is looking for a way out. Uh, I do wonder as well about uh, uh, the people that uh, uh, attracted to, to this r to the, this rally as, as others. Uh, you know, what are they thinking, or why am I so far out off base. Cause I don’t understand.”
It’s because you’re a corrupt idiot, Clapper, who can barely formulate a sentence. What’s the hardest thing to believe about this whole interview is that Clapper ever had a supervisory position, let alone was the Director of National Intelligence. He couldn’t guarantee the fries were properly cooked if he worked at McDonalds but he’s making all of these important and supposedly qualified decisions and determinations?
Intelligence certainly doesn’t appear to be his strong suit or the reason he was placed in that position. His total lack of integrity and willingness to defy the law and attack our country for Obama is more likely what got him the job. And it’s what keeps him coming back to CNN for hit pieces like this one.
Thank you for reading and sharing my work
By Bridget Johnson
Fifteen people were killed and at least 130 injured Thursday when terrorists belonging to a local cell plowed a rented van through crowds on Las Ramblas, a long pedestrian mall in Barcelona. Jared Tucker, 43, of Walnut Creek, Calif., who was on his honeymoon, was one of those killed. The deceased and wounded came from 34 different countries.
The suspected driver of the van, Younes Abouyaaqoub, was shot by police today near a gas station 25 miles west of Barcelona. He was reportedly wearing a fake explosive vest. The cell of 12 men was reportedly in the attack-planning stages for six months and had amassed gas cans to use in vehicle attacks.
The new message, addressed “from the Islamic Republic of Spain to the Government of Spain” and issued by the pro-ISIS Wafa Media Foundation, warns that Spain is still considered a target because of “military operations in the Kingdom of Bahrain and in neighboring Iraq and Somalia.”
“Do not you know, O worshipers of the Cross, that the war has not been fought and gone, and that they live today in Barcelona,” the message added in reference to jihadists.
The message references Gibraltar and Andalusia, which was once under Moor rule and bears many landmarks from its Islamic era, to Catalonia. “This is one of our priorities. Today, we create our own community.”
The Wafa’ message was the second in a series, with the first part issued last year. The group ominously noted that they don’t plan on issuing a part three.
“Black days during our attack on your big cities like Madrid, Paris, London, and Brussels,” Wafa’ warned in the first part dated March 28, 2016, adding that they will kill “innocent Spanish” as they’re occupying Muslim lands.
In May 2016, Wafa’ warned in a message to the citizens of Spain and all Spanish-speaking countries that lone jihadists existing in those areas would kill the “disbelievers” as “previously planned.” In August 2016, the media foundation said that jihadists had to step up their game to make attacks in Spain worse than terrorist operations in France. Wafa’ pressed jihadists to kidnap or kill Spanish nationals.
“If there is a plan for a reaction and a challenge, we will definitely surprise them,” the head of Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization, Ali Akbar Salehi, said Tuesday, as quoted by AP. “If we make the determination, we are able to resume 20 percent enrichment in at most five days,” he said on national television.
Salehi underlined that Iran is not keen on such a scenario, saying that “definitely, we are not interested in such a thing happening. We have not achieved the deal easily to let it go easily. We are committed to the deal and we are loyal to it.”
In 2015, Iran struck a landmark deal with the US, France, the UK, Russia, China and Germany, under which it agreed to cap its uranium enrichment at 5 percent, as well as to reduce its stockpile of the material in exchange for the lifting of sanctions.
“Our biggest priority is to maintain the JCPOA (Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action), but of course not at any price,”AFP cited Salehi as saying.
The top nuclear official’s warning follows comments from President Hassan Rouhani saying that Iran could backtrack on the 2015 nuclear agreement “within hours” and reach “conditions more advanced than before the start of negotiations” of the long-awaited deal.
“The world has clearly seen that under Trump, America has ignored international agreements and, in addition to undermining the [nuclear deal], has broken its word on the Paris agreement and the Cuba accord… and that the United States is not a good partner or a reliable negotiator,” Rouhani said, following the introduction of the latest round of US sanctions in early August.
Trump has been weighing up leaving the 2015 nuclear deal or renegotiating it, branding it “the worst deal ever.” Struck by the previous administration under Barack Obama, the deal has drawn strong criticism from Trump, who sees it as a capitulation to Iran.
“Those who want to tear up the nuclear deal should know that they will be ripping up their own political life,” President Rouhani warned, adding that Tehran wouldn’t “remain silent about the repeated US violations of the accord.”
Trump signed a legislation on a new raft of penalties, targeting Iran along with Russia and North Korea, after Iran successfully fired its Simorgh rocket, designed to deliver satellites into orbit, as part of the national space program. Washington, however, considered the action a violation of the UN Security Council Resolution, saying the technology could be used to carry nuclear weapons.
Moscow criticized the sanctions as “illegitimate,” with Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov expressing hope the sides wouldn’t abandon the 2015 agreement.