By Kyle Drennen | July 26, 2016 | 3:05 PM EDT
As the media swooned over First Lady Michelle Obama’s speech to the Democratic National Convention Monday night and applauded her defense of America’s “greatness,” journalists seemed to suffer from collective amnesia as they forgot Mrs.
Obama’scontroversial revelation that she was “proud” of the country for the “first time” during her husband’s 2008 presidential run.
Speaking at a campaign rally for Barack Obama in Madison, Wisconsin on February 18, 2008, Michelle Obama proclaimed: “For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country.” At the time, the press initially tried to ignore the major gaffe. However, when it was clear the controversy wasn’t going away, networks attempted to dismiss the issue as unimportant.
Despite the First Lady’s very public reversal on having pride in the U.S., the convention coverage on Monday night and Tuesday morning failed to mention the obvious contradiction between her 2008 and 2016 comments. Instead, the broadcast and cable networks heaped hyperbolic praise on the presidential spouse.
The live special coverage on NBC, ABC, and CBS Monday night hailed the speech as “artfully painted” and filled with Obama’s “trademark…grace.”
On CNN, left-wing pundit Van Jones gushed: “…if you weren’t moved by that, go see the doctor….She gave a clinic on how to connect to the American people.”
On Tuesday, MSNBC’s Morning Joe put them all to shame as the hosts and other journalists cheered the address as “One of the best speeches I’ve seen at a convention,” being in the “pantheon” of “great speeches,” and even remarked that “her optimism and her hope reminded me of Ronald Reagan.”
Disturbing new reports have surfaced that claim both Barack and Michelle Obama lost their law licenses for criminal reasons.
According to Before It’s News, Barack Hussein Obama surrendered his law license in 2008 in order to dodge charges that he lied on his bar application.
His wife Michelle also surrendered her law license back in 1993, after a federal judge told her she could either surrender her license or be charged with insurance fraud.
This information was found after experts became suspicious upon finding that both Michelle and Barack had handed over their licenses to practice law under a “voluntary surrender.”
Anyone familiar with law knows that lawyers only execute a “voluntary surrender” when they are about to be accused of something.
This is just the latest in a long line of sketchy, criminal dealings committed by the Obamas.
BY “SURPRISE” WE MEAN “THIS WAS TOTALLY EXPECTED.”
By now, we all have seen and heard Melania Trump’s speech that she gave at the RNC. We are also all aware that this speech was plagiarized directly from a speech Michelle Obama gave during a 2008 speech in support of her husband.
Melania who initially claimed wrote the speech with as little helpas possible, actually had the speech written for her by a staffer named Meredith McIver. She is a ghost writer for Trump, and according to her, a long time friend of the Trump family.
McIver has taken full responsibility for the speech, and even offered an explanation to the public.
“In working with Melania Trump on her recent First Lady speech, we discussed many people who inspired her and messages she wanted to share with the American people. A person she has always liked is Michelle Obama. Over the phone, she read me some passages from Mrs. Obama’s speech as examples. I wrote them down and later included some of the phrasing in the draft that ultimately became the final speech. I did not check Mrs. Obama’s speeches. This was my mistake, and I feel terrible for the chaos I have caused Melania and the Trumps, as well as to Mrs. Obama. No harm was meant.”
If only this defense worked so well for students expelled from colleges for plagiarization.
It’s been announced that McIver will not receive any punishment for this, and when she offered her resignation, the Trump campaign rejected it.
But as the lies unravel, one interesting tidbit was discovered byWKYC in Cleveland. As it turns out, McIver is a registered Democrat.
“TEGNA investigative reporter Brendan Keefe has learned Meredith McIver is shown as a registered Democrat in Lexis/Nexis, a database of information regularly used by journalists, lawyers and government officials. McIver is an in-house staff writer for the Trump Organization who also has ghostwritten multiple books written by Donald Trump. She has been a registered Democrat since 1996, according to the database.”
So here we have a Democrat, plagiarizing speeches from another Democrat, for a woman married to a Democratic donor running for President as a Republican.
You can’t see it, but I’m slow clapping.
Melania Trump — or her speechwriters — stand accused of plagiarizing several lines from First Lady Michelle Obama’s 2008 Democratic National Convention speech (which was itself accused of lifting lines from Saul Alinsky).
When Democrats do the same — or worse — the political damage tends to be far worse, since a significant proportion of the media can be counted upon to distill the “larger truth” of whatever it was they are trying to say. Even for Democrats, however, excuses do run out.
Here are the top 10 most serious cases of Democratic plagiarism, among contemporary political figures:
10. Rep. Ami Bera (D-CA). The California doctor and congressman admittedborrowing lines in an op-ed in the Sacramento Bee pushing for fast-track negotiating authority for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP). Buzzfeed, which made the initial catch, noted that Bera had borrowed heavily from Obama administration talking points and from pro-business sources.
9. Sen. John Walsh (D-MT): Walsh retired in 2014 after youthful plagiarism was uncovered. The New York Times reported: “His withdrawal from the race comes about two weeks after The New York Times reported that in 2007 Mr. Walsh plagiarized large sections of the final paper he completed to earn his master’s degree at the prestigious Army War College in Carlisle, Pa.”
8. Mary Burke, candidate for WI governor. The Democrats’ 2014 nominee against incumbent Republican Scott Walker was caught by Buzzfeed: “Large portions of Wisconsin Democratic gubernatorial candidate Mary Burke’s jobs plan for Wisconsin appear to be copied directly from the plans of three Democratic candidates who ran for governor in previous election cycles.”
7. Susan Wismer, candidate for SD governor. In another catch for Buzzfeed‘s Andrew Kaczynski, South Dakota’s 2014 Democratic nominee was caught borrowing campaign materials — including, ironically, biographical material from Mary Burke of Wisconsin (#8 above), who herself faced plagiarism accusations in the same election cycle, just days before.
6. Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA). The liberal firebrand from Harvard, whose claims to Native American ancestry have never been authenticated, contributed several recipes to a cookbook called Pow Wow Chow in the 1980s. In 2012, it emerged that several of those recipes appeared to have been stolen from the New York Times — and were French, not Native American.
5. Sen. John Kerry (D-MA). The current Secretary of State faced several accusations of plagiarism during his 2004 presidential campaign, including the claim that he copied several passages in his 2007 book from other sources, and speculation that he may have stolen a campaign trail “memory” from Hillary Clinton’s memoir of the 1992 election.
4. Michelle Obama. Though the accusation never found traction in the mainstream media, the aspiring First Lady appeared to have lifted phrases from Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radical — a classic primer on community organizing — and attributed them to her husband. It is conceivable that Obama, an accused plagiarizer himself (see below), passed them off as his own.
3. Sen. Joe Biden (D-DE). Biden’s 1988 presidential aspirations were destroyed after it emerged that he borrowed heavily from British Labour Party politician Neal Kinnock — not just Kinnock’s words, but his biographical details. He was also found to have plagiarized in law school. Biden still made it to the top — or near the top — on charm and sheer perseverance.
2. Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY). The 2008 and 2016 presidential candidate was accused, both times, of plagiarizing others’ lines — and her own. Most recently, she was accused by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) of stealing his talking points, partly in an effort to convince left-wing voters that there was no distance between the two. Her effort inspired a hashtag: #StealtheBern.
1. Barack Obama. The supposedly great orator was caught lifting the major refrain, “Don’t tell me words don’t matter,” from Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick, his friend and fellow Harvard Law graduate. The irony of arguing for the importance of words, and then borrowing those words without attribution, was a sign of just how empty so many of those words really were.
In 2008, bloggers accused Michelle Obama of lifting some of her lines for her DNC speech from Saul Alinsky.
Breitbart.com reported: Trump’s wife joins Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and Joe Biden as accused plagiarists. Even Michelle Obama was accused of plagiarizing part of her own 2008 DNC speech.
Michelle Obama: “…the world as it should be.” In 2008, the aspiring First Lady was accused by bloggers of lifting lines for her DNC speech from Saul Alinsky. Alinsky wrote, in Rules for Radicals (emphasis added): “The standards of judgment must be rooted in the whys and wherefores of life as it is lived, the world as it is, not our wished-for fantasy of the world as it should be.” Michelle Obama said: “And Barack stood up that day, and he spoke words that have stayed with me ever since. He talked about ‘the world as it is‘ and ‘the world as it should be.’” (Perhaps Mr. Obama who left out the attribution.)
Senior communications adviser Jason Miller said: “In writing her beautiful speech, Melania’s team of writers took notes on her life’s inspirations, and in some instances included fragments that reflected her own thinking. Melania’s immigrant experience and love for America shone through in her speech, which made it such a success.”
Hillary supporters fine with misogyny and bigotry when it comes to insulting a conservative
JULY 19, 2016
We need a woman in the White House!
Criticism of Hillary is sexist!
Donald Trump is racist for criticizing illegal immigrants!
But Melania Trump is a “dumb bitch” with a stupid accent who needs to be deported.
If you needed a reminder about how leftists preach “tolerance” while engaging in actual bigotry, the reaction to Melania’s RNC speech provided it in spades.
Seizing on Melania’s alleged “plagiarization” of a few sentences of a Michelle Obama speech, liberals took it several steps further, characterizing Trump’s wife (who speaks five different languages and worked hard to escape life in a concrete tower block in communist Yugoslavia) as a stupid immigrant who can’t speak English properly.
Because when Trump calls for putting a stop to mass uncontrolled illegal immigration, he’s racist, but it’s perfectly fine for so-called liberals to insult an immigrant who became a U.S. citizen the legal way because she has a strong accent.
Leftists are also perfectly comfortable with rampant misogyny when they’re insulting women with whom they disagree.
Check out just a sample of the reaction below.