22 Nov 2017
Border Patrol agents assigned to the Tucson Sector arrested two previously deported child sex offenders and a member of the Sureño 13 street gang illegally re-entering the U.S.
The arrests began on Saturday afternoon when agents working from the Brian A. Terry Border Patrol Station captured a man illegally crossing the border near Naco, Arizona. Agents arrested and transported him to the station for processing. During a background investigation, the agents learned that 34-year-old Abigael Calvo-Calvo, a Mexican national, has a criminal history that includes a conviction in San Mateo County, California, for “Lewd and Lascivious Acts with a Child Under 14.” The conviction occurred in 2012, according to information provided to Breitbart Texas by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) spokesman Rob Daniels.
Calvo-Calvo now faces new criminal charges for felony re-entry after being deported as a registered sex offender.
The following evening, Agents from the Douglas Station found another man crossing west of Douglas, Arizona. During processing, the agents determined the identity of 33-year-old Juan Herrera-Gameros, a Mexican national. A records check revealed a 2005 conviction in Cochise County Superior Court for “Sexual Conduct with a Child,” officials stated. Herrera-Gameros also faces charges of re-entry after being deported as a sex offender.
Brian A. Terry Station agents also stopped another potentially violent illegal immigrant from re-entering the U.S. The agents arrested 28-year-old Pedro Castro-Guillen, a Mexican national, after he crossed west of Naco. A records check uncovered a prior deportation due to his membership in the Sureño 13 street gang. Officials stated that Castro-Guillen will face criminal charges for immigration violations.
The Brian A. Terry Border Patrol Station is named in honor of slain Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry who was killed by a Mexican “rip crew” in southern Arizona on December 14, 2010. Agent Terry’s murder led to the disclosure of the Obama Administration’s Fast and Furious gun running scheme that put thousands of guns in the hands of Mexican criminals.
Breitbart News Executive Chairman and former White House chief strategist Stephen K. Bannon spoke at a banquet honoring Agent Terry on Saturday, Breitbart News’ Michelle Moons reported.
“Greater love hath no man than this, that he will lay down his life for his friend,” Bannon told attendees of the annual Brian Terry Foundation Courage Awards Dinner. “Brian Terry laid down his life for his friends, his family, his community, and his country. I don’t think you’ll meet a braver man.”
Bannon told Terry’s family and friends that his murder helped make border security a major issue for the 2016 presidential campaign.
“I can tell you, [Donald Trump] wouldn’t be President of the United States if [not for] the incident that happened here,” Bannon said. “Brian Terry will live in history as a historical figure and the reason was, he brought to the attention of the American people, he put a human face on it, he put a hero’s face on it, of what is exactly at risk on the southern border of our country.”
NORTH KOREA is starting to feel the effects of sanctions imposed on the hermit kingdom and is now “running out of cash”, an expert has claimed.
By Darren Hunt
North Korea author Gordon Chang has claimed that Kim Jong-un’s brutal regime is starting to feel the full force of sanctions imposed on the state.
The rogue state has been re-designated a state sponsor of terrorism, meaning the US can enforce even more sanctions on Kim Jong-un’s regime.
Mr Chang told Fox Business that North Korea was starting to feel the impact of sanctions and said that it was “good news”.
He said: “What’s important here is that the Treasury Department is actually starting to implement President Trump’s September 21 executive order which is sweeping.
North Korea news: Gordon Chang claimed the regime are suffering from sanctions & running out of cash
“It was so sweeping that actually there was a lot of concern that Treasury didn’t have the people to enforce this.
“What we are seeing now is the enforcement. We are going to see a number of announcements in the next couple of weeks with more individuals, shipping companies, vessels being sanctions.
“We are also getting to see they are having an effect, that North Korea is starting to run out of cash which is really good news.”
North Korea has been re-designated a state sponsor of terrorism, as the US President attempts to put a stop to the hermit kingdom’s threats to the globe amid fears conflict could spark World War 3.
US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said: “We still hope for diplomacy and the timing of this is just one of us concluding the process.
“There is a very specific designation progress that we have to go through at the State Department to meet the criteria for the designation.
“We wanted to make sure we had met all those requirements. Again this is all part of us continuing to turn this pressure up.”
The designation of Kim Jong-un’s brutal regime will allow the US to impose more sanctions.
A NORTH KOREAN KOREAN PEOPLE’S DEFECTOR DRIVING ALONG A ROAD LEADING TO THE TRUCE VILLAGE OF PENMUNJOM
President Donald Trump said: “In addition to threatening the world by nuclear devastation, North Korea has repeatedly supported acts of international terrorism, including assassinations on foreign soil.
“This designation will impose further sanctions and penalties on North Korea and related persons and supports our maximum pressure campaign to isolate the murderous regime.”
North Korea ramped up their testing of nuclear weapons over the past few months and threatened to strike US territory Guam, during Kim Jong-un’s war of words with President Trump.
The US President travelled across Asia meeting with allies to present a united front to stand up against the brutal dictator’s hermit kingdom.
A radical Obama judge who was a big donor has usurped Presidential authority and ruled President Trump’s sanctuary city executive order is unconstitutional. It’s…
By Rick Wells
One of the Obama plant judges positioned as the true Obama legacy of radical judicial agitation, Judge William Orrick lll, has placed himself, as have other so-called judges before him, above the President of the United States.
The San Francisco libtard, Orrick, ruled on Monday that President Trump’s anti-sanctuary city executive order halting federal grant money for jurisdictions that refuse to cooperate with federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers is unconstitutional.
In “justifying” his own usurping of Presidential authority, Orrick declared the executive order exceeded the President’s authority. Hestated, “The Constitution vests the spending powers in Congress, not the president, so the executive order cannot constitutionally place new conditions on federal funds.” The Constitution places the execution of those spending powers on the executive branch and it is common practice for conditions to be placed upon them over a broad range of expenditures. State compliance is a common requirement for the receipt of federal funds.
But in this instance, where it is part of President Trump’s effort to turn back the Democrat open borders agenda, the leftist hack won’t permit it. Orrick said those decisions are up to the do nothing, globalist-infested swamp creatures of Congress, not the President, and subject to his or the other agitators in black robes’ approval.
Orrick said President Trump’s executive order is much broader than the existing law, and the Justice Department’s guidance cannot fix what Mr. Trump did. What he’s saying is that there’s no way outside of legislating from the bench for them to stop the President, and so that is what they’re doing.
Justice Department spokesman Devin O’Malley disagreed with the so-called Judge’s ruling, issuing a statement saying, “The district court exceeded its authority today when it barred the president from instructing his cabinet members to enforce existing law. The Justice Department will vindicate the president’s lawful authority to direct the executive branch.”
Judge Orrick was also judicial activist who, two years ago, blocked the release of the Planned Parenthood videos taken undercover and exposing the harvesting of baby body parts for sale, doing so in the supposed interest of the “physical safety of the executive leadership of the National Abortion Federation.”
Orrick’s decision on the Trump executive order came in response to lawsuits brought by the leftist, open borders sewers of San Francisco and Santa Clara County, who wish to defy US law without invoking any consequences for doing so.
Judge Orrick, according to the non-profit consumer rights advocacy group Public Citizen, raised at least $200,000 for Hussein Obama and donated $30,800 to committees supporting him. Purchasing positions from which to abuse great power doesn’t come cheap.
There’s nothing like a little good, old-fashioned, judicial corruption to tip the scales of injustice towards the global fascists who are destroying this nation. How much more of this can this nation take? How much longer will patriotic Americans put up with it?
The issue of Syria dominated the more than hour-long phone call between the Russian and American presidents. Putin briefed Trump of his recent meeting with Assad, and both leaders agreed on the importance of the UN-led Syrian peace process.
Putin told Trump that President Bashar Assad confirmed his commitment to political reforms in Syria, including constitutional amendments. Assad also supported the idea of holding presidential and parliamentary elections as part of a transitional political process during his Monday meeting with Putin in Sochi.
The Russian president informed his US counterpart of the forthcoming meeting between the leaders of Russia, Iran and Turkey aimed at finding ways to further normalize the situation in Syria while contributing to the political process in the Middle Eastern country. The trilateral talks are scheduled for Wednesday, November 22.
“Both the parties expressed satisfaction with the phone call, which was practical and informative,” a statement from the Kremlin reads.
The White House said Washington reaffirmed its support for the Joint Statement of the US and Russia issued at the APEC summit on November 11.
“We’re talking very strongly about bringing peace to Syria, very strongly about North Korea, and about Ukraine,” Trump told journalists following the phone call with Putin.
The Russian president said a resolution of the Syrian political crisis must be based on the principles of preserving sovereignty, territorial integrity and the independence of Syria. Putin added that Russia has offered to host the Syrian Congress on National Dialogue in Sochi.
Putin again spoke of normalizing bilateral relations, especially when it comes to fighting terrorism. He added that cooperation between Russian and US security services could be of great practical significance. Trump supported Putin’s ideas, the Kremlin said.
Putin and Trump agreed that the crisis around the Korean peninsula should be solved through diplomatic means, according to the Kremlin. While discussing the Iranian nuclear program, the Russian president restated Moscow’s commitment to the full implementation of the 2015 Iran nuclear deal, known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JPCOA). He also called the agreement “an important factor of regional stability” that also contributes to the global nuclear non-proliferation regime.
Putin and Trump also touched on the terrorist threat and drug production in Afghanistan. Speaking about the situation in Eastern Ukraine, Putin once again underlined that there is no viable alternative other than the full implementation of the Minsk Agreements by all parties to the Ukrainian conflict.
Trump and Putin last spoke on the sidelines of the Vietnam APEC summit in mid-November. And even though there was no official meeting between the two leaders during the gathering, they still managed to hammer out a joint statement on Syria, in which they said the Syrian conflict “does not have a military solution.”
Trump later described his brief encounters with Putin during the summit as “good discussions.” He also slammed those who oppose US rapprochement with Russia, branding them “haters and fools.” He tweeted that “Russia can greatly help” the US in solving many pressing world issues.
Putin also held separate phone conversations with King Salman of Saudi Arabia, Egyptian president Abdel Fattah al-Sisi and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday. The discussions centered on the situation in Syria as well as a range of bilateral issues.
By Sandra Gomez-Aceves, Nicholas Rondinone and Christopher Keating
When Miriam Martinez-Lemus left violence-stricken Guatemala in 1992 for the United States, “there was no alternative.” After a stay of deportation was denied Monday afternoon, she defied Immigration and Customs Enforcement and instead of boarding a flight, she headed to her Stamford home. That was her only alternative.
“I am not hiding,” Martinez-Lemus told The Courant in a phone interview. “I am in my home, with my family, causing no harm.”
She is wearing a tracking bracelet issued by ICE, so there is no doubt about her whereabouts.
Early Monday Martinez-Lemus and her attorney, Glenn Formica, were armed with roughly 700 pages of supporting documents to present in court. It was a last-minute effort that they hoped would convince officials to allow her to remain in the United States, beside her family.
But as the afternoon came, the hopes shifted. The stay of deportation that would temporarily postpone Martinez-Lemus’ deportation order was denied. She was ordered to board the 3 p.m. flight she had previously booked to her native Guatemala, but she purposely missed it.
“My day has been full of emotions — both positive and negative,” Martinez-Lemus said. “But I feel stronger now because I am doing something to remain with my daughters.”
ICE remained firm in its decision to carry out the deportation.
“Miriam Martinez-Lemus is citizen of Guatemala,” said Shawn Neudauer, a spokesman for ICE and the Department of Homeland Security. “A federal immigration judge granted her voluntary departure in 2002, but she failed to leave the U.S. as instructed and that order automatically changed to a final order of removal.
“In a measure of discretion, ICE did not place her in custody, but entered her into an Alternatives to Detention program, and she has been checking in periodically at an ICE office. She was asked to provide proof she intends to leave the U.S., in compliance with the court’s order, which she has done. Should she fail to depart as instructed, she will be listed as an immigration fugitive and arrested when encountered, and then ICE will carry out her removal order.”
In other cases, undocumented immigrants whose stay of deportation requests have been denied have sought refuge in churches. Martinez-Lemus decided to remain in her home and “it did not cross my mind” to seek sanctuary in a church, she said.
“Miriam is going to do what she has done as she came — she is going to be lawful and abide by all conditions [Immigration and Customs Enforcement] places on her,” Formica, said. “We are saying to ICE, you know where she is. You want her, come and take her from her child.”
Now, Martinez-Lemus, her two daughters and her husband, will wait for ICE to knock on their door.
“It could be hours, to weeks, to months,” Sidd Sinha, an associate attorney at Formica Williams, said. “It depends on how much of a priority she is, and she obviously was, for [ICE] to deny her a stay.”
Formica said, “ICE, for whatever reason, sees this as a priority. They have said she cannot stay, and I am saying she cannot go.”
Since Martinez-Lemus’ case went public, a petition on MoveOn.org asking for her deportation order to be stopped has obtained more than 8,000 signatures. At her home Monday night, a member of the organization Building One Community, remained at Martinez-Lemus’ side.
In an afternoon press conference in New Haven, Gov. Dannel P. Malloy urged ICE to reconsider.
“I understand it’s complicated but I have to say the American people did not ask for what’s happening here to take place,” Malloy said. He said President Donald Trump promised only immigration action against what he called “bad hombres.”
“That is not the situation here,” Malloy said. “If it was the situation here, I wouldn’t be here. This is a very different set of circumstances.”
U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal said he is working with Martinez-Lemus’ attorney to stop the deportation. He arrived at the press conference and hugged Martinez-Lemus.
“This persecution by ICE is reprehensible and irresponsible, “ Blumenthal said. “Miriam is the voice and the face of our resistance to a policy that cannot be countenanced or condoned. … Miriam should be given a chance to contest this order.”
Blumenthal and others said she has been living peacefully in the United States for 25 years and should not be deported.
He said he will bring the case directly to the Department of Homeland Security, which oversees ICE.
Martinez-Lemus has been checking in with immigration authorities since 2012, and has been granted stays of removal, according to her husband, Raphael Benavides.
“Besides the fact that she’s a human being, she’s a mother, she’s a wife. We’re a family,” he told The Courant over the weekend. “That’s what we’ve created. We wanted our children to grow up in a healthy environment.”
Not long after crossing the border at Nogales, Ariz., in 1992, Martinez-Lemus settled in Stamford, where she lives with Benavides and daughters — Brianna, 12, and Alison, 10. Both the children are U.S. citizens.
Brianna suffers from Type 1 diabetes, according to the family, and requires constant care and supervision.
Dr. Stuart Weinzimer, a professor of pediatrics at Yale, said Brianna’s juvenile diabetes is a serious condition that has been helped with Martinez-Lemus’ care.
“It is a life-threatening condition,” Weinzimer told reporters Monday. “It is a lot of risk if all that good care-taking is put in jeopardy.”
“Let us remember that Brianna is an American citizen, and she needs our help,” Malloy said. “I plead with ICE for sufficient time for other avenues to be explored.”
Joining the three dozen people rallying outside the federal building Monday were Hartord Mayor Luke Bronin and members of Connecticut Immigrant Rights Alliance. Jesus Morales Sanchez, a member of the group, said, “We are hoping for a Thanksgiving miracle that she will be able to stay home with her family.”