TRUMP ORDERS RELEASE OF JFK FILES

Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 11.59.35 AM

By MICHAEL D. SHEAROCT. 21, 2017

WASHINGTONPresident Trump has decided to release a final batch of thousands of classified government documents related to the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy, Mr. Trump announced in a tweet on Saturday morning.

“Subject to the receipt of further information, I will be allowing, as President, the long blocked and classified JFK FILES to be opened,” Mr. Trump said on Twitter.

Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 12.04.07 PM

The release of the information being held in secret at the National Archives — including several thousand never-before-seen documents — was mandated to occur by Oct. 26 under a 1992 law that sought to quell conspiracy theories about the assassination.

Mr. Trump has the power to block the release of the documents, and intelligence agencies have pressured him to do so for at least some of them. The agencies are concerned that information contained in some of the documents could damage national security interests.

The president did not make clear what he meant when he said in his tweet that the release of the documents would be “subject to the receipt of further information.” A White House official did not immediately respond to emails seeking clarification.

It is not known what revelations might be contained in the unreleased documents, though researchers and authors of books about Kennedy say they do not expect any bombshells that significantly alter the official narrative of the assassination — that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in Dallas — delivered in 1964 by the Warren Commission.

But the documents are likely to “help fuel a new generation of conspiracy theories,” according to Philip Shenon, a former New York Times reporter and the author of a book about the commission, and Larry J. Sabato, a University of Virginia professor and author of a book about Kennedy, who wrote a recent article about the documents in Politico.

They wrote that the documents relate to what they call a “mysterious chapter in the history of the assassination — a six-day trip that J.F.K. assassin Lee Harvey Oswald paid to Mexico City several weeks before the president’s murder, in which Oswald met with Cuban and Soviet spies and came under intensive surveillance by the C.I.A.’s Mexico City station. Previously released F.B.I. documents suggest that Oswald spoke openly in Mexico about his intention to kill Kennedy.”

With the Oct. 26 deadline to release the remaining documents fast approaching, Mr. Trump had been under increasing pressure from advocates of transparency not to hold back any of the documents from the public on the grounds of national security.

Senator Charles E. Grassley, Republican of Iowa, introduced a resolution in the Senate this month that urged Mr. Trump to make a “full public release of all remaining records,” saying that he should “reject any claims for the continued postponement of the full public release of those records.”

Conspiracy theorists have long clamored for what they hope will be evidence to prove that the government covered up the truth about the assassination. This week, Roger J. Stone, a friend of Mr. Trump’s, told Alex Jones, the radio host and conspiracy theorist, that Mr. Stone had directly urged the president to release all the documents.

“I had the opportunity to make the case directly to the president of the United States by phone as to why I believe it is essential that he release the balance of the currently redacted and classified J.F.K. assassination documents,” Mr. Stone said on Mr. Jones’s radio program.

Mr. Trump is no stranger to conspiracy theories, including those involving the Kennedy assassination. During the presidential campaign, he at one point alleged that the father of Senator Ted Cruz, a Republican primary rival from Texas, had been with Oswald shortly before Kennedy was killed.

“You know, his father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald’s being — you know, shot,” Mr. Trump told Fox News in an interview in May 2016, as he battled the Texas senator for the nomination. “I mean, the whole thing is ridiculous. What is this, right, prior to his being shot, and nobody brings it up. They don’t even talk about that. That was reported and nobody talks about it. But I think it’s horrible.”

He went on, “What was he doing with Lee Harvey Oswald shortly before the death, before the shooting? It’s horrible.”

Mr. Trump has at times dabbled in other conspiracy theories: He once seemed to consider the possibility that Justice Antonin Scalia had been murdered. The president has more than once spread the discredited urban legend about Muslims being shot with bullets dipped in pig’s blood. And for years, he was the most vocal purveyor of the falsehood that President Barack Obama was born outside the United States.

Attorney Going After Comey Law License – Lied Under Oath, Destroyed Evidence

By Rick Wells

Ty Clevenger, an attorney who was denied a FOIA request by the FBI for information about the Clinton emails under the ludicrous claim that there wasn’t enough public interest to outweigh her privacy rights is at it again.

In a related action, in that it also deals with corruption at the FBI under the former Director, James Comey, Clevenger is engaged in an effort to have the dirty cop stripped of his law license on the basis of his having lied to Congress and the destruction of evidence in the Clinton email scandal.

Is it really fair to single out Comey for punitive action and loss of his law license? After all Hillary Clinton is also an attorney and her Arkansas law license is…oh, suspended. But Comey was working for Hussein and Michael Obama and their law licenses are…never mind.

Clevenger filed a grievance this week accusing James Comey of lying to Congress and the destruction of Clinton email evidence and it could result in him losing his license, if justice somehow comes into play.

Comey was a former US Attorney in New York and has a New York law license, and that is also where Clevenger filed the grievance. But President Trump has a lot of enemies in the Democrat Party in New York and that may work in Comey’s favor.

Clevenger contends that Comey lied to Congress when he stated under oath that he had not made any advance determination of whether or not she was guilty, or, more accurately, knowing darn well she was guilty was going to recommend against prosecution anyway.

Comey testified in specific questioning by Rep John Ratcliffe (R-TX) that he had made a decision on whether or not to charge Clinton until after she was interviewed. Clevenger contends, as do most people with their head screwed on straight that the fact that Comey had already made a decision.

The fact that he was working on her exoneration letter indicates he had decided to exonerate her. The fact that it was 60 days prior to his announcement indicates that was the time when the decision resulted in action on his part. The letter serves as documentation of the time the decision had been made.

Clevenger wrote, “Insofar as Mr. Comey gave materially false testimony to Congress, it appears that he violated Rules 1.0(w), 3.3(a)(1), and 8.4 of the New York Rules of Professional Conduct.”

He also requested to renew grievances against former Attorney General Loretta Lynch. He argued that Comey’s claim that she tried to pressure him to portray the Clinton investigation as something less than that should subject her to scrutiny.

The state grievance committee had deferred an investigation in January. They used the excuse of wanting to await the outcome of existing probes to avoid taking action. The political class can always find an excuse not to do their jobs when a high-powered friend of theirs needs a little protection.

 

US will have to accept North Korea’s nuclear status – Pyongyang

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un guides the launch of a Hwasong-12 missile. © KCNA / Reuters

Washington will have to put up with Pyongyang’s nuclear status, a top official from North Korea’s Foreign Ministry has said, ruling out talks on the matter with the US.

*

The Democratic People’s Republic of Korea [DPRK] is not planning to hold talks on nuclear weapons and the US has to get along with the DPRK’s nuclear status,” Choe Son-hui, director-general of the North American Department of North Korea’s Foreign Ministry said, speaking at the 2017 Non-proliferation Conference in Moscow.

According to Choe, North Korea’s nuclear status is essential for securing stability and safety on the Korean peninsula and in north-eastern Asia by extension.

Pyongyang is ready to pacify the Americans and will fight fire with fire if necessary, the official continued.

*

North Korea is living with a constant nuclear threat from the US. Last week unprecedented nuclear drills were held, involving US aircraft carriers and US strategic bombers,” she said.

READ MORE: US, South Korea begin naval drills off Korean Peninsula 

However, action brings counter-action,” the diplomat said. Our leader [North Korea’s Kim Jong-un] clarified our position, which states that we will pacify the US [and fight] fire with fire,” Choe added.

North Korea hasnuclear weapons and ballistic missiles, but won’t deploy them in the absence of a threat, Choe stated.

Our weapons are designed for the protection of our homeland from the constant nuclear threat from the US, she added.

READ MORE: US pushed N. Korea to create H-bomb – Pyongyang official

Pyongyang won’t supply nuclear weapons to third parties, notwithstanding its withdrawal from the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), Choe said.

Despite quitting NPT, we are committed to the idea of non-proliferation of our nuclear weapons,” the diplomat added.

According to the North Korean top diplomat, Pyongyang almost reached balance with the US in nuclear arsenal and will make sure that Washington does not speak about any “military actions against” North Korea.

Capture

Pyongyang’s nuclear response will target solely the US, as Washington alone can carry out a nuclear attack, according to Choe.

“Our nuclear response will be directed at the US and won’t target any other country,” she said.

North Korea has recently been engaged in a fierce war of words with the US, repeatedly threatening to reduce its foe to “ashes and darkness.”

On Thursday, Pyongyang warned of an “unimaginable strike at an unimaginable time” on US targets, expressing outrage at the ongoing US-South Korean joint naval drills near the Korean Peninsula.

Earlier in October, An Tong Chun, head of North Korea’s delegation to the multinational Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU), said that it was the US who “has pushed the DPRK to become a possessor of the hydrogen bomb.”

READ MORE: ‘Until first bomb drops’: Tillerson vows to continue diplomatic efforts on N. Korea

North Korea’s Deputy UN Ambassador Kim In Ryong escalated the rhetoric by warning the UN General Assembly that the crisis on the Korean Peninsula “has reached the touch-and-go point and a nuclear war may break out any moment.”

Earlier this week Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a decree imposing restrictions on North Korea in order to comply with a UN Security Council resolution.

Moscow and Beijing have been pushing for a peaceful solution to the crisis, which would see North Korea suspend its nuclear and ballistic missile tests in exchange for a halt to joint US-South Korea drills. However, the US rejected the proposal.

Nolte: Quentin Tarantino Smeared Police Officers While Enabling Harvey Weinstein’s Alleged Crimes

by JOHN NOLTE20 Oct 2017

According to his Thursday interview with the New York Times, while he was running around smearing police officers as “murderers” in 2015, Quentin Tarantino was also covering up for and enabling Harvey Weinstein’s alleged crimes against women.

Because of his excessive use of the N-word, and those painfully awkward moments where he pretends to be black, Oscar-winning director Tarantino has struggled for decades to earn some respect from black audiences.

Well, almost exactly two years ago, with his next Weinstein Company feature, The Hateful Eight, just weeks from release, Tarantino cynically believed his ticket out of that mess, his ticket to expanding his audience within a black community now capable of producing box office hits all on its own, was to embrace the noxious, cop-hating Black Lives Matter movement.

Just four days after the murder of a New York City police officer, Tarantino made his first mistake when he stood before an anti-police rally in New York to say of our men in blue, “I am a human being with a conscience. And when I see murder, I cannot stand by, and I have to call the murdered the murdered and I have the call the murderers the murderers.”

The blowback was immediate. Police unions called for boycotts. Embarrassed by his own estranged son, even Tarantino’s father spoke out. The director’s reaction can best be described as belligerent. While claiming that he is not “anti-police,” Tarantino shrugged off the boycott and said he wanted to “go further with” his attacks on police officers, and soon he would.

He not only accused police officers of being guilty of “white supremacy,” he rejected the notion of “bad apples.” In a December interview with Entertainment Weekly, Tarantino said, “I completely and utterly reject the bad apples argument …  It’s about institutional racism. It’s about institutional cover-ups that are about protecting the force as opposed to the citizens.”

To no one’s surprise, The Hateful Eight tanked. After glowing red hot with his two previous features and biggest box office hits to date — 2012’s Django Unchained ($162 million) and 2009’s Inglorious Bastards ($121 million) — Hateful Eight bottomed out at $54 million, which probably failed to cover its promotional costs. Its worldwide gross added just another $100 million, which means The Weinstein Company probably lost money.

As if all that was not bad enough, we now know that while he was smearing law enforcement as an institution filled with murderers and white supremacists, Tarantino, according to his own words, was covering for and enabling what Breitbart News must describe as Harvey Weinstein’s alleged crimes, but what Tarantino believes were crime-crimes, like the “unwanted touching” of Tarantino’s girlfriend Mira Sorvino.

“I knew enough to do more than I did,” he said, citing several episodes involving prominent actresses. “There was more to it than just the normal rumors, the normal gossip. It wasn’t secondhand. I knew he did a couple of these things.

Tarantino said in the interview on Wednesday that he had heard about Mr. Weinstein’s behavior long before those articles. His own former girlfriend, Mira Sorvino, told him about unwelcome advances and unwanted touching by Mr. Weinstein.

“Everyone who was close to Harvey had heard of at least one of those incidents” chronicled in the first few articles, he said. “It was impossible they didn’t.”

When he and Ms. Sorvino started dating in 1995, she told him that not long before, Mr. Weinstein had massaged her without asking, chased her around a hotel room and even showed up at her apartment in the middle of the night[.]

Tarantino now claims to be ashamed of his silence, which is fine. At least he is not pretending, as I assume many others are, that he was ignorant of what was going on.

Nonetheless, back in 2015, with millions already in his pocket, with plenty of other producers willing to work with him, Tarantino still enabled a monster. Worse, while doing so, he smeared and smeared and smeared American police officers all in an effort to put more money into his and that monster’s pocket.

So what will it take for Tarantino to finally be ashamed of defaming and ginning up rage against those who do act when a crime is committed, who do risk their lives (not their next movie) to stop that crime, and do so for what Tarantino would describe as pocket change.